How to get there
The address of the school is: Oaklands Catholic School, Stakes Hill Rd, Waterlooville, PO7 7BW
The Oaklands School website includes a page with general directions on how to get there, including a link to obtain directions from Google Maps. The following description provides a little more detail, and also contains special instructions for players, who should use the north entrance and park around the back of the hall as described below.
Coming from the south, on the A27, the route is as follows:
- Head north onto the A3(M) towards London.
- Take the Junction 4 exit slip road for Purbrook.
- Turn left at slip road roundabout onto Purbrook Way.
- Continue for about 0.4 miles (past South Downs College).
- At the roundabout, turn right (3rd exit) onto Stakes Hill Road.
- The main entrance to Oaklands School is on the right after about 0.3 miles
(after Crookhorn College on the right and just after
the wide junction with Shaftesbury Avenue on the left).
Audience members should turn right here and use the main car parks as directed. Players should however use the north entrance (marked as “St Peter’s Catholic Primary School”), which is about 100 yards further on, immediately after the bus stop on the right – see below for more details. If you wish to avoid having to turn right across traffic (or miss the entrance in the dark) you can go all the way round the roundabout which is shortly after the entrance, then turn left into the entrance.
Coming from the north, via the A3(M), the route is as follows:
- Leave the A3(M) at Junction 3 for the B2150 (as there is no exit at Junction 4).
- Turn right at the roundabout, over the motorway.
- Continue for about 0.5 miles until a roundabout, then turn left, onto Frendstaple Road.
- After about 0.8 miles, at the far end of this road, turn left at the roundabout onto Stakes Hill Road.
- The north entrance for Oaklands School (marked as “St Peter’s Catholic Primary School”)
is then immediately on the left.
Players should enter here and park as described below. Audience members should continue to the main Oaklands School entrance, about 0.1 miles further on.
If you happen to live in the Corhampton and Droxford direction, you can of course come down the B2150 directly to Waterlooville. For detailed driving directions from that direction or anywhere else you can go to the directions page on the Oaklands website then click on ‘Get directions’ in the Google Map marker and enter your home location.
Parking for audience members
Audience members should park in the visitor car parks, as indicated in this simplified diagram. More detail can be seen in aerial views in Google or Bing Maps. The main parking area is to the left at the roundabout and there is an overflow parking area immediately on the right of the roundabout. There is also a limited amount of additional parking if you go straight ahead at the roundabout.
There are three designated disabled parking spaces in the vicinity of the white house, and it is also possible to drop passengers off in that area, which is not far from the hall entrance (via the covered walkway) and is level, unlike the sloping path up the side of the hall.
Parking for players
Players should park in the area north of the hall, near the stage door, marked (A), as follows:
- Turn into the north entrance, keeping to the left fork (as there is a one-way system). This entrance has a notice board for “St Peter’s Catholic Primary School”, which you pass as you go in.
- When the entrance road turns right towards the primary school, take the road which continues on the left into Oaklands School.
- Continue along the left side towards the back of the site, past several buildings, and around the left of B-block, which is a large 3-storey block with a walkway connected to the front.
- Turn right behind B-block, before the last building, and you will come out in an area marked out as tennis courts.
- The hall is then the rightmost part of the group of buildings in front of you.